As we're sure you're aware, the outbreak of the new Coronavirus (known as COVID-19) has now been classified as a global pandemic.
We want to ensure you that we are taking every possible precaution to help stop the spread of the virus in order to keep you, your pets and our staff safe. If we are exposed to COVID-19 we may need to quarantine the practice, resulting in a temporary closure which would have a significant impact on our ability to care for the animals in our local community.
So, to reduce the likelihood of an outbreak of COVID-19 at our practice, we are kindly asking clients who:
- are feeling unwell in any way, regardless of symptoms
- are self-isolating
- have had contact with a person that may have COVID-19 or have travelled outside of the state within the last 2 weeks
...to please refrain from coming into the practice for any reason – including collecting food or medication.
Please ask a friend or family member to come on your behalf. If that isn't possible, please call us to discuss your particular situation and we will try to make alternative arrangements.
WHEN YOU COME TO THE CLINIC FOR A CONSULT
We are refraining from using the waiting room. In order to achieve this we ask that:
- When you arrive at the clinic, remain in your car with your pet!
You can then call the clinic to advise us that you have arrived. When the vet is ready to see you, we will call you to come through and place you directly into a sanitized consultation room.
- We ask that, where possible, just ONE family member enters the clinic.
We can make exceptions to this rule, but we do ask that you speak to the staff about this ahead of time.
- Please respect social distancing practices by following our markers on the floor.
We also ask that you refrain from leaning on the desk or consulting tables.
- NO CASH
We will no longer be accepting cash payments. EFTPOS/Credit card only.
COLLECTING FOOD OR MEDICATION
Please call ahead
Please call ahead of time and advise us of the food or medication that you hope to collect. We will get this ready for you ahead of time
Stay in the car
Please stay in the car and call when you arrive. We will bring it out to you in your car.
We can take card payments from the carpark, however, we will refuse cash payments.
If you are in a situation where you can’t, or would prefer not to leave your house, we are still here to help!
For many minor issues, such as medication revisits, minor lumps/grazes etc., we may be able to offer a phone consult or Skype (video) consult.
Please call the clinic to discuss this option with one of our friendly staff members.
We are offering this service to assist everyone remain healthy and safe during this time.
- A phone or video consultation will incur a reduced consult fee of $50 (rather than $69.90).
- We ask that this fee be paid before the telephone consultation.
- If our vets advise you really do need to come in for a consult at our clinic, then you will be charged the remainder ($19.90) after the consult.
- However, at this point, we cannot offer our No Consult Fee policy with phone consults.
Stay safe during this difficult time,
Ian and the team at Findon Vet Surgery and Seaton Vet Centre