Veterinary Nurse Cert IV
I began working as a vet nurse in 2011 and am very proud to be part of a dedicated and supportive team who have an obvious passion for caring for you and your pet.
As I child I had a big fat black Labrador called Katy who would have benefited from a weight loss program! She was a very loyal happy go lucky girl who shared our household with our cat called Amy. I was always bringing home additional house guests from baby birds to lost dogs and have always had an affinity and passion for ensuring animals in need receive the care they deserve. I now live on four acres with my husband Steve. Our gorgeous non-fur children Sarah and Ross have grown up and left home and we are now owned by five Bullmastiffs (Melia “Princess Meils”, Murphy “Spuddles Duddles”, Emi, Inca and Saffron).
In my spare time I attend public displays and compete with my fur kids in Obedience, Rally O and Conformation (showing) and have even managed to recently get my husband into the show ring where he is doing really well.
Some of the fun things we have achieved include:
- Being up on stage with Dr Harry at the Animal Expo
- Having many firsts (and a second!) including
- First Bullmastiff in Australia to be awarded a Rally Novice (RN) title.
- First female Bullmastiff in Australia to obtain a Companion Dog (CD) title.
- First female Bullmastiff in Australia to be awarded a Community Companion Dog (CCD) title.
- Second female Bullmastiff in Australia to be awarded a Community Companion Dog (CCD) title.
- Class in Show and Class in Group wins in the conformation ring.
- Australian Champion titles
While we enjoy competing, our “fur kids” are first and foremost beloved members of our family and I look forward to caring for you and your pets with the same dedication and care that I do my own.