In April the Findon Vet Surgery will be holding a fundraising drive to raise money for the Free the Bears organisation.
Our 2014 and 2015 April Bear drives were VERY SUCCESSFUL! Thank you to all who donated one or more Teddy Bears!
Here is Mandi, our Bear Drive Queen (Mandi conceived the idea and managed the entire programme - Great effort!) with 48 donated bears in 2014.
Apart from individual clients donating teddy bears, many schools also participated and we thank them for their donations!
- Findon High School
- Nazareth Catholic College
- Flinders Park Primary School
- Underdale High School
- St Michaels College
- Lockleys Primary School
- Star of the Sea School
- Henley Beach Primary School
If you have a Teddy Bear you'd like to donate, we will be having another Bear Drive in April 2016.
Please SPREAD THE WORD ... let anyone with a pre-loved teddy Bear,
or even a currently much loved toy Teddy, know that they can donate that
Teddy Bear to our annual fund raiser! These Teddy Bears are then
on-sold to a new generation of children who will continue to love and
play with these donated Teddies. Get your children, nephews, neices
& grandkids involved!
ALL of the monies raised from these sales goes to saving bears that have been caught and enslaved in chains and forced to 'perform' for money under appauling onditions in Asia.
The money will go to the bear Free-the-Bear sanctuaries in Laos,
Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam. India and Indonesia, as well as toward
educating the illegal-bear owners.
What do I have to do?
Just drop in your Teddy Bear donation at our Findon Vet Surgery during the month of April.
You will recieve a Certificate of gratitude to honour your donation.Your kind donation helps in sooooo many ways:
- it helps save bears through out Asia and rehabilitate them in bear sanctuaries.
- it assists in educating the illegal-bear owners as they are unaware of the inhumane aspects of their livelihood.
- a new generation of children continue the love of your donated teddy bear!
- maybe...just MAYBE, in years to come your donated teddy bear could be re-donated to the same cause!
- it educates our children in one aspect of humane animal treatment
and empowers them - kids treasure their certificate of gratitude!
THANK YOU! We look forward to handling your donation with care!
How your donation helps Free the Bears
For every Dollar raised, every cent is well spent:
- $0.37c on the rehabilitation and care of rescued dancing bears in India and education of the Kalandar familes from whom the bears were rescued.
- $0.31c on the Free the Bears programme to protect Sun Bears and Moon Bears from illegal wildlife trade in Cambodia.
- $0.07c on ending bear bile farming in Laos.
- $0.02c on support for sanctuaries for rescued bears in other countries in South East Asia.
- $0.18c is spent on services to our members, fundraising and overheads (which generates more in dontations!)
- $0.05c on merchandise which is sold to support our administration costs.
Your donated Teddy Bear raises money towards ensuring each rescued bear (OVER 800 since 1995!!!) receives the very best care and attention in the bear sanctuaries.